Answered By: Randall Myers Last Updated: Jan 09, 2019 Views: 109
We welcome the use of the Ensor LRC and its services and collections by people from the Georgetown/Scott County community. To obtain borrowing privileges from the Ensor LRC, individuals must either be Scott County residents or employed by a business in Scott County. If you have a Scott County Public Library card, that card will be your Ensor LRC card. For those who do not have a SCPL card, Ensor LRC will issue you a community patron card.
When you seek to obtain borrowing privileges, you will need to fill out forms at the Circulation Desk. Please bring with you proper identification (driver’s license or other photo ID) and a piece of mail showing your current address. For those with SCPL cards, please bring in a second form of identification in order for identity confirmation. In addition, we may call the Scott County Public Library to ensure you are a patron in good standing.
We reserve the right not to issue a patron card or extend borrowing privileges to any community patron. You also must be 18 years to receive a card without parental permission.
Things you will need to know as a Community Patron:
- You will be subject to the same fines/fees as faculty, staff and students. If at any time your account becomes delinquent (lost and/or overdue) you will receive notices via email (or through postal mail if you do not have an email account). If you fail to return the items/materials, the library reserves the right to collect the materials and/or money from appropriate agency actions or through our Business Office and will suspend your borrowing privileges until your account is settled. For Circulation Periods, Fines and Fees, and additional policies please visit: https://libguides.georgetowncollege.edu/LRC/services/circ.
- Community Patrons may:
- Borrow books from the main collection and Children's Library
- Use the Archives and Reference Collection in house
- Use the Internet and Databases in house
- Use microfilm/microfiche machines
- Consult with librarian
- Use public scanners
- The following items and services are NOT available to Community Patrons:
- Off-campus access to library databases
- Instructional and Popular Videos/DVDs
- Course Reserve materials
- Media equipment
- Exhibit/display space
- Requests for items on hold or recall
- Interlibrary loan
- Printing and copying services
- The general public may use our computers and the college network. The library has a guest log in for our community patrons. Please ask at the Circulation Desk for assistance.